Friday, March 1, 2013

Grmbl

Recently I noticed some traffic to this blog from a website I did not know. Upon looking I found it to be some shady annoying "make money with writing" site.

On it, the standard story: "I've been doing this for two weeks and now I'm earning $5000 a week while still being there for my poopsie little baby", yada yada yada, you've probably heard it before.

The beauty of it all is that at the end there is a letter in which the author claims that this is NOT a shady site, because Blogger (the '.blogspot' blogs host (a.k.a. Google)) had supposedly sent a private mail to author because people had complained. But, author claims, Blogger knows it is not a scam. So you should also believe author, naturally. Since (s)he said that Blogger said that it is not a scam. The letter closes with:

 PS: Please be assured that this is all true.

Now THAT is solid reasoning!

For those who are wondering: if this is indeed a shady Blogger site, why does Blogger not close it down? Well, because it is not a site hosted by Blogger. Someone cleverly picked a private domain name resembling '.blogspot', I didn't notice this at first as well. But still, the content says enough.

However, somehow a link to my blog is on top of their blog roll. To the people coming to my blog redirected from that site: hi there, and shame on you for clicking on links on shady websites. Seriously, please don't do this anymore.

I don't feel like sending this website an email asking to kindly piss off, because that would disclose my email address to a shady site, which is of course not a smart thing to do. So now I'm just hoping it will go away soon. Grmbl...

No comments:

Post a Comment