Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 21 - notebook covers

This holiday will probably be my last eight-weeks-long, no-obligations, I-can-do-whatever-I-want holiday as from next year onward I will be having a job (at least I hope so). Which means less vacation time and only taking weeks off if we have made holiday plans. This holiday, I want to get the most out of my time and do a loooot of things. To aid my mind in keeping track of all of this, and because it's just fun, I bought a stack of tiny notebooks, three of which have an assigned purpose now: moving plans, holiday travel plans, and overall goals for these two months.

My goals for the coming months are among other:
- travelling through the United Kingdom (which we planned to do as soon as J. would graduate, which he did just last month, whoooooooo!)
- doing some major home cleanup, following a year of household neglect ;)
- moving into our new home mid August
- learning SolidWorks and Rhino (3D modelling software)
- catch up on mechanics, manufacturing techniques, calculus and other subjects that I didn't have during my Bachelor's
- daily drawing practise
- setting up a webdesign service (I really need more income next year)
- meeting up with friends and family (finally!)
- getting fitter by having at least two ours of daily activity: walking, cycling, working out, or shopping for all I care, I really need to move after a year of leading a sedentary life with lots of stress and zero exercise
- and last but not least, going on a short hiking vacation in South-Limburg: far enough for hills, beautiful nature and the feeling of being away, but close enough to arrange a pick-up just in case ;)

So, yeah. As you can see, some planning here is justified, if not severely needed ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment