Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A bit of work and a bit of fun

There is not much to tell about the rings I'm working on unfortunately. I'm still busy with manually adapting the details, but can't work on it for prolonged periods of time in order to prevent wrist injury playing up. I really want to escape to other activities, be it personal projects or professional ones (making my own website, etc), but so far I've managed to control those urges. Once three designs are up and ready and sent to the printer, I can devote all my time and energy to those causes (the professional ones, I mean). But until then, it's knuckling down to boring work. I mean, it'll have to be done óne day. No, not before the deadline of last week, no. I know. And my next design is going to be be a whole lot simpler, I'll tell you that.

On the other hand, my perception of time is once again too far ahead. Do you know that feeling, when you feel like you're already halfway through the week, while in fact it's just Monday evening? I often have that when a lot of projects are 'flowing': when things are háppening, impasses are resolved, decisions are made and results become visible; it seems like everything just starts doing that at the same time. It feels great, dynamic and rewarding, but it also means having to watch out not to overdo things and overwork myself, a threat always lurking around the corner. Darn you, necessary balance!

I did manage to squeeze in a few creative and fun activities though:

A new little drawing:


Random inanimate object photography:


Plans for a new website for our Tuna (music group, not fish), together with C.; I really want to start with that, finally a stress free (i.e. no paying client) web design project again!


And: my camera basket is done! Yes, the one that was supposed to be made once I had shortened my sewing to do list... I needed to lubricate my sewing machine and after that, I had to take a little test run. I didn't want to use one of my more 'serious' projects for that, so the basket was perfect practise material, easy to make and no need to be precise (I can feel you thinking: haha, good excuse ;) ). Now it stands on my desk to contain my camera and accessories, I like how it turned out!


A small tutorial will follow later, I always wanted to make tutorials but since I mostly sew in the evenings, pictures tend to turn out rather bad and that held me back. That, and most of the time trying out things for the first time (i.e. messing up time after time) and not wanting to make a second version for the tutorial. But then I thought about the book of Mme Zsazsa who often explains things with simple but clear and attractive drawings, and I figured I should give that a try. So... give me some time and the tutorial will follow.

Okay, now back to the sewing waiting list. There are some long overdue birthday gifts that really need to be made... In order to keep myself going I already cut out the parts for some projects and assembled some halfway done pieces. I also need to make the curtains for our living room closet since I finally found a somewhat decent fabric, you can see it in the background of most pictures. However, since the fabric is a bit too bright white, I'll have to figure out how to get a pattern or something on it, to make it less intrusive. Anyone any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment