Thursday, June 21, 2012

The good life

This week, I went to see the musical 'Wicked' with the in-laws (thanks guys!), and had a short walk on the beach before it started. Of course, I hád to take off my shoes and jump in the water!

The musical was awesome, I loved the story, the songs, decors, costumes and especially the lead actress: Willemijn Verkaik (she played Elpheba, the wicked witch of the west). Here is my favorite song of the muscial (without Willemijn unfortunately, since it is in English):


Apart from enjoying the good life, all I seem to be doing is work, work and work. This week I have two whole days for working on my designs, and next week I'll have an extra day off from my part-time job, so three more days available for my three rings designs. So... if they're still not done by then, I think I'll just quit as a product designer altogether... Just kidding though. I finished the six different versions of ring no.2, which had been lying around for weeks now, and now it's just working on ring no.1 and no.3, so I've made progress. A little sneak peek of ring no.3:

No, I don't have to alter ALL these points manually, just the ones around the edges and corners. Still waaay too much work for comfort though. Luckily, no.1 is much simpler.

I whipped up a little pizza bread for lunch, because working hard should be accompanied by eating well. Just a little homemade pesto (basil leaves, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, salt, Dutch: basilicum, pijnboompitten, olijfolie, knoflook, zout) with tomato paste, spread on some bread. I mixed a bit of scallion through and sprinkled Gouda on top, in the oven for 5 minutes and you have yourself a fairly decent lunch.

I've also found a new recipe for cookies. After taking a mouthwatering stroll through our local 'organic/healthy stuff' store, I came home with a bag of wholemeal spelt flour. I wanted to try out baking cookies with some more health-friendly ingredients. Well, it worked! They're not overly sweet, but if you enjoy cookies from organic sugar-free brands, you'll definitely enjoy these as well!

Recipe: sugar-free spelt cookies
For about 12 cookies:

100 grams spelt flour
40 grams rice syrup
10 grams honey
50 grams butter
a bit of salt

Extra: a few dates (Dutch: dadels), chopped in small pieces and mixed through, and/or coconut shavings on top.

Mix everything, bake for about 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, let it cool: enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment